Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quirks Tag

My dear sweet sister-in-law, Brooke, tagged me for this "Quirks Tag".  The challenge is this . . . 
- Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
- Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
So here goes . . .
1.  When I blow dry my hair, I lift my left leg and rest it on the sink- kind of like I'm half standing, half Indian style.  It's hard to describe but it makes Jason crack up.  I don't know why, but I've done this since I was a teenager.  I had a little trouble in our last house, because we had a pedestal style sink.  I still managed though.
2.  I like to sing in the car.  Yeah, I know, everyone does that.  But I like to sing along to classical music.  And to songs I don't really know the words to.  I just make them up as I go.  And my new improved lyrics are never offensive.  Ask Jason about Toto and the "men on Mars".
3.  I HAVE to read myself to sleep.  I read until I can't keep my eyes open any longer, then turn the light off and snooze.  If I turn the light off sooner than that, I can't sleep.  This is a problem because sometimes my books are quite interesting.  So if I stay up too late, I pick up my "boring" book and then I can drift off.  (Don't ask me what's boring.  That too embarrassing.)
4.  My skin literally crawls when I read bad grammar.  Theirs no reason for it.  I no, I no, I'm a hypocrite, because I, like, don't write perfect.  I guess it's that hi-school editer coming out in me.
5.  I don't like anyone else folding my family's clothes.  Everyone else just does it wrong.
6.  I have to have eat something sweet last.  If Jason and I munch on popcorn or potato chips at night, I have to have one bite of something sweet before I turn in.

I know everyone already suspected that I'm weird and bizarre.  Now you know.

I tag Cindi, Auntie Heather, and Susan.  Since I don't know many bloggers, I tag Kim, Melanie and Brenda to start a blog.  This tag is a great way to start.  

7 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

the blow drying thing is funny...
and did you use theirs -there's- wrong on purpose?! i hope so :) i also get super annoyed when i read things spelled wrong, then i remind myself that i'm not perfect (but i do reread things a few times and have been known to correct my own blogs after a few days and i notice a mistake).

Susan said...

I have to eat something sweet last too! I blame mom. Caroline knows that Grandma's house ALWAYS has cookies, candy, icecream and popsicles! Oh, and thanks for the dog advice! We know very little and would probably end up just getting the cutest puppy in the pound!

Karen Scott Welker said...

Yes, Heather, "theirs" was misspelled on purpose. There are 8 grammatical errors in #4, for those who care. And I acknowledge that I am a hypocrite for hating bad grammar, because I make mistakes too. But then, I guess, that just means I hate myself!

Brooke said...

very good ones Karen! I need something sweet too and I totally blame my mission for that. all the desserts after every dinner appt are still having their effects. cute with inserting the grammatical errors, that was clever

Cindi said...

I completely remember you blow drying your hair that way on the mish! How funny! Thanks for the "Quirks Tag". I will need to think about it and then post.

jason said...

I love my quirky wife!

Val said...

hahaha! I am picturing you blow drying your hair in a cute leg lift! :) Glad I found you...I'm adding your link to my blog. Did you get my message? If you still want to talk camera's call me!