Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Reason Why KatyISD Rocks

Last week, Randy and I sat down at 4:10 to begin his homework.  After many tears and bouts of screaming- from both of us- we finished.  At 7:30.  It was a complete and total nightmare.  On Friday, Jason and I met with seven therapists, teachers and administrators from our school district for an ARD- an Admissions, Review and Dismissal meeting.  One of the results of that ARD is that Randy was able to bring home a "Neo"- a small word-processor- to help him with his homework.  He was so excited and wanted me to leave so that he could do his homework by himself.  What an amazing change!!!  To me, it's nothing short of a miracle.  He uses it at school as well, and hopefully, it will greatly diminish the frustrations he has with writing.  I don't know how long the novelty will last.  And I fully expect to see tantrums in the future when we do homework.  But now, I'm just enjoying the peace and grateful for the help.

3 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

So glad that there is something that helps. You are such a great mom and I agree that KISD rocks!

Cindi said...

What a blessing to find answers to help with our children and their frustrations! That's awesome!

Tara said...

anytime any homework is not a fight it's a plus! So glad that Randy is liking his new "toy"!
He said the funniest thing to me on Sunday!
He was in the hall and I asked him if he was bored with the movie? He said yeah. I said, I know sometimes I get a little bored too but when he was ready to come back in maybe he would like to sit by Austin. He said Ok but I am always bored all the time when I come to church. The look on his face was hysterical and then he followed me into Primary like...what else is there to do but go in and be bored! :)
such a cutie!!