Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday Wrap-Up

The husband is back at work.  The kids are back at school.  I have a mile-long list of things to do.  And I sit here and blog.  At least my priorities are in order.

Jason did an excellent job blogging about our Christmas vacation activities.  I won't repeat all that here, except to add one thing.  We took the kids to see Bolt at the theaters after Christmas.  As we were paying for our tickets, we were told we would see it in 3D, and that it would cost extra.  It cost our family $75 to see an afternoon matinee, eat popcorn and drink a couple of drinks.  The movie was great, but I thought the 3D was distracting.  Now that we have a great TV, DVD player and sound system, I don't think we'll be trekking out to the movies very often.  

Our vacation was marvelous, fun and relaxing.  I'm sad it's over, but am ready to get on with the rest of the year.  It's going to be a great one!

1 comment:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

youch! 75 bones to go to the movies?!! that encourages me to stick with two kids, or even to just leave them with grandma...
you can't be the meanest mom if you take the kids to a movie and get popcorn. we hardly ever got popcorn and had to sneak cans of soda in! your kids don't know how lucky they are.