Sunday, December 21, 2008

'Tis the Season . . .


This is the time of year that gets so crazy trying to keep up with all the events are children are involved in- recitals, field trips, and general holiday fun.  This is my attempt at catching up with my kids.

First up is Lucy.


  
My baby's last year of preschool!  How did that happen?  There was no shyness or insecurity this year.  Just my adorable daughter.  (Pardon my gushing.  And all the camera flashes in the video.  That was me, trying to capture the moment for Daddy who got stuck at work.)

Randy was busy in December too.  He had the traditional 3rd grade choir performance, but I didn't get any good pictures or video of that.  I did get to chaperone his field trip to the Children's Museum of Houston.  We've been to this museum before and Randy was very excited.  There were two displays he wanted to see.  But because the busses got caught in our lovely Houston traffic, the kids only had 90 minutes of tour time.  His favorites were not in the three galleries we got to visit.  In the past, this would mean a dramatic temper tantrum- crying, kicking, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.  This time, Randy let us know he was sad and disappointed, but he recovered.  What a miracle!  I'm so grateful for the progress he's made.

Next post . . .Ty and Emily!

1 comment:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

What a bummer to miss the parts he was most looking forward too! It's good to hear he handled it so well- most kids would throw the standard tantrum and ruin the remaining time.