Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

This month, Jason and I celebrated our 16th anniversary.  Since the "traditional" anniversary table quits keeping track after 15- probably because few marriages last that long- we made it our "meat" anniversary by celebrating at Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian "churrascaria."  (For those of you who don't know what churrascaria means,  its rough translation is "lots and lots of meat.)   This was our first trip there, and it was delicious.  

On our way to the restaurant, Jason surprised me with a gift from my favorite jewelry store- James Avery.  He bought me a beautiful fresh-water pearl necklace and bracelet.  (Apparently, he hadn't consulted the tradition anniversary table, because pearls are the 30th anniversary gift.  I'm not complaining.) 

Better than our delicious dinner and my wonderful jewelry, the best gift I received is my husband himself.  He is a good provider, a fantastic father and amazing husband.  He is talented in everything I lack, so I think we balance each other.  I love to watch him interact with our kids.  Nothing sounds sweeter than my husband and children laughing together.  It's been a great 16 years and I look forward to many, many, many, many more happy years ahead.   

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations Karen and Jason! You are an inspiration! Can't believe it's been 16 years do you realize that means we've been home from our missions for 16 years?! Where has the time gone? Marriage, kids, and life it self. Congratulations! Love you guys!

Jim said...

We went out for our 40th. So many memories, and your Dad gave me a great gift. You'll have to call to find out what it was, let me say it's not the traditional gift at all! Glad you had a good time, and the best is yet to come. Congratulations, you both made a great choice. Love, Mom

Castaneda 5 said...

Congrats! He did a nice job on the gift!