Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rant updated

I haven't received any response from Wal-Mart, but I'm not surprised.  I'm still shopping there.  And what's on the TV's?  Rudolph, Horton and Wal-Mart commercials.  On several shopping trips to different stores, I haven't seen anything disturbing on the televisions (unless you count Rudolph as disturbing.)

I was starting to feel pretty good about all this.  Until I got a note from my sister who lives in Mississippi.  Guess what was on the TV's at her Wal-Mart?  "The Dark Knight"  And my wonderful sister wrote a letter.  I hope it does some good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the check out line a few years ago when my 7 year old niece asked if she could have some candy. I said sure and proceeded to help her pick out something. She chose a bright colored package that stated "New Fruit Flavors" I almost let her get it until I realized it was a package of condoms. Yes, along with the candy there was other items within reach and plain sight for any child to see as they are in the check out line. This company was Big Lots and I also complained to no avail. Apparently that is where corporate wanted them.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I thought about your previous post when we were at Blockbuster the other night. Horton was playing on all the big screens, while the Dark Knight was on a personally DVD player right next to the check out line- much smaller screen. When I asked why, the kid said that one of the employees put it there, but I think maybe some of these places are catching on.

Jill said...

I was going to tell you that while I was at Walmart the other day they were showing two different shows and both were Disneys &/or animated kids shows. It was in the middle of the day...so hopefully they are listening, even if it is unofficially!