Saturday, September 20, 2008

Funny Things My Kids Say

I was trying to motivate my kids in getting their Saturday chores done quickly.  I told them the Bug Man (our exterminator) was coming and that everything needed to be put away before he got here.  I don't know what this sounded like to Lucy, but her eyes got very wide and she started cleaning  like never before.  I thought about what I said, her active imagination and the bad dreams she's been having lately.  I quickly explained that the "Bug Man" was just a man whose job was to make sure there were no bugs or spiders or ants in our house or yard.  (A professional exterminator is almost a necessity when living in Texas.)  "I like the Bug Man to come to our house.  In fact, he goes to our church and is a friend of ours.  His name is Bro. . . " I pause, trying to remember his name.  Lucy thought she could fill in the blank.  "Tentacles?"

3 comments:

Susan said...

That is so funny!Dave and I got a good chuckle out of that one!

Tara said...

too cute!! :)

Cindi said...

How funny! I love when kids come up with their own ideas, it brings me joy to be their mother.