Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pearls

One of the best parts of teaching early morning Seminary is what I learn while preparing to teach. (The hardest part of teaching early morning Seminary is that it occurs early in the morning!) Periodically, I come across perfect pearls of wisdom and knowledge. Periodically, I'll share them with you.
Elder Neal A. Maxwell: "The most important question in human history is one which echoes down through the corridors of time; it will not go away: 'Jesus asked them . . . what think ye of Christ?' (Matt. 22:41-42) Sooner or later, this will be the vital question for all mortals, including you, my friends! A failure to answer this question is an answer." (Ensign June 1985, p. 69)

3 comments:

Cindi said...

You are right! In the end none of the other stuff matters, only Christ and our belief in Him. Thanks Karen, words that needed to be heard, especially by my ears.

Jim said...

Appreciate the pearl, and please keep them coming! I'm enjoying ALL your blogs, just don't answer all of them, but I do read them, at least once and share with Dad. I love that quote, thank you for sharing. Love, Mom

Elise said...

That quote is fabulous, Karen. I am so happy you are teaching seminary this year. I know you are an excellent teacher, definitely a treasure for the youth of our ward. And thanks for sharing this pearl, keep 'em coming!