Friday, February 20, 2009

Lu's 'Do, Part Two

OK, this is beginning to get a little ridiculous.  When it was time to take Ty to the orthodontist, Lucy appeared out of the bathroom looking like this.  She didn't want any "help" and insisted her hair was "done."  We did get a few strange looks, but that could've been from her bunny-hopping as much as her hair-do.

I guess I'm struggling to know what kind of boundaries to place on my imaginative, bright, stubborn daughter.  In her eyes, she was beautiful. Who am I to quash that?  I just have visions of a teen-ager- with shellacked bangs, blue eye-liner, neon t-shirts and too tight acid-washed jeans- walking around thinking she was something hot.  But 20 years later,  realizing she looked ridiculous.  

Oh, wait.  That was me.

7 comments:

Jill said...

funny! You gotta love little girls!

Rob said...

Well, you turned out.......OK. Just keep taking lots of pictures so you'll have loads of laughs and bribery opportunities in 10+ years.

Cindi said...

Just think. She is confident within herself. You are the only one thinking what people think. Let's hope she can keep that confidence throughout her life, cause we all know how hard that is. If you don't like her expressing herself, then say "great job what if we try this way too". This helps with Paige who is just like Lucy, her own individual. Lots of luck. You turned out great!

loriwelker said...

did you show this to mom and dad? lol!

jason said...

No, you were something hot. I'm sure of that.

Anonymous said...

oh the eighties! Big hair, cool clothes and music. I think your little one is just fine. She has a great mom arter all.

Tara said...

Lucy cracks me up! I just love her! I had so much fun with her the last couple of times I got to watch them...I love how big her personality is and she is a girl that knows what she wants! Watch out world!