Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 in Review: Welker Style

I know, I know. It's been "a while" since I've updated the ol' blog. But what better time to change those bad habits than at New Year's? And what better way than with the annual year in review. Enjoy.

Tyler-
Fave Breakfast- Over- easy eggs, toast and juice
Lunch- Ramen noodles
Dinner- Fried chicken
Favorite color- Green
TV Show- Avatar: Last Airbender
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins
If I had a million dollars, I would- "Buy a laptop and put the rest into savings until I figure out what to do with it."
Best Friend- Andrew F.
Best Thing about High School- "Leaving. Kidding. The Freedom and the teachers."
Worst Thing about High School- "Coming." The people (other students), Ms. M and Coach C
Favorite Past Time- Playing computer and riding his Ripstik
Favorite Song- "The End" by the Beatles
What I want to remember about 2010- "The Big Move and high school"
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- "I make a 4.0 GPA."

Emily
Fave Breakfast- Crepes
Lunch- Totinos Party Pizza
Dinner- "Not pasta." Potato Soup
Favorite color- Black
Favorite TV Show- Avatar: Last Airbender
Favorite Movie from 2010- Alpha and Omega
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Kitchen Princess" by Natsumi Ando and Miyuki Kobayashi (Em discovered manga- Japanese comics- this year.)
If I had a million dollars, I would- "Go to Texas and hang out with people and go to the Galleria Mall and waste all my money there."
Best Friend- Morgan, Merine, and Shaelynn
Best Thing about Junior High- "Having other people that share my interests."
Worst Thing about Junior High- Not being included
Favorite Past Time- Animating
Favorite Song- "Kokoro" by Vocaloid and "The System is Down" by Strong Bad
What I want to remember about 2010- "All the poeple back in Texas."
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- "500 Hatena fans."

Randy
Fave Breakfast- "Freshies" (Waffles, pancakes or french toast that were made that morning.)
Lunch- "Leftovers." (Waffles, pancakes or french toast from the freezer.)
Dinner- Little Caesar pizza
Favorite color- Red
TV Show- Phineus and Ferb
Favorite Movie- Despicable Me
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Captain Underpants" by Dav Pilkey (With a straight face, he added, "Never underestimate the power of underwear.")
If I had a million dollars, I would- "Buy a mansion with 5 servants."
Best Friend- Josh T. (from Texas)
Best Thing about school- "When we start to solve problems in SPICE (special ed class.)"
Worst Thing about school- "Restraint."
Favorite Past Time- Wii and Computers
Favorite Song- "I Got a Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas
What I want to remember about 2010- "Going to Castles and Coasters for Danny's birthday (cousin)."
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- Completed 5 games in a row.

Lucy
Fave Breakfast- Oatmeal with raisins and chocolate chips
Lunch- Banana/Nutella sandwich
Dinner- Burrito
Favorite color- Purple
TV Show- Tom and Jerry
Favorite Movie- Monsters vs. Aliens
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Click Clack Moo" by Doreen Cronin
If I had a million dollars, I would- "Buy a pet wolf. And 99 more wolves."
Best Friend- Kaelynn, Ashlynne, and Ruby
Best Thing about school- Lunch
Worst Thing about school- Recess. "Because I get really cold. Or really hot. I'm just not a big fan of it."
Favorite Past Time- Play "Spore" on the computer, Legos and building "table forts."
Favorite Song- "Chicken Stu" by System of a Down
What I want to remember about 2010- Castles and Coasters
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- "To train wolves."

Jason
Fave Breakfast- Bacon-filled waffles and chocolate chocolate-chip muffins
Lunch- Leftovers
Dinner- Chicken Parmesan
Favorite color- Blue
TV Show- Top Gear USA
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld
Favorite Movie- Despicable Me (There's a story behind this. Stay tuned.)
If I had a million dollars, I would- "Pay off all debts and go to Grad school."
Best Friend- Karen W. (3 years in a row!)
Best Thing about work- It's in Arizona
Worst Thing about work- Too many hours, coming home late.
Favorite Past Time- Playing on the iPad while I watch TV with my best friend.
Favorite Songs- "The Cello Song" by The Books and "It Snowed" by Meaghan Smith
What I want to remember about 2010- Finishing the girls' "bonk bed" and Labor Day with Scott family at our house, in the pool, and having fun.
What I don't want to remember about 2010- Cleaning the pool with my iPhone in my pocket
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- Regular work hours so I see my family at dinner.

Karen
Fave Breakfast- Bacon-filled waffles (Seriously, you got to try it. No need for a 2nd scoop of batter like on the video.)
Lunch- Leftovers
Dinner- Pad Thai take-out
Favorite color- Brown
TV Show- Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network
Favorite Book read in 2010- "Eat Cake" by Jeanne Ray and "Framed" by Frank Cottrell Boyce
Favorite Movie- Inception
If I had a million dollars, I would- Open a board game store.
Best Friend- Jason W.
Best Thing about being a stay-at-home Mom- Volunteering at schools and going to lunch with friends
Worst Thing about being a stay-at-home Mom- Motivating myself to be productive.
Favorite Past Time- Playing board games with family and friends, reading, crocheting, baking
Favorite Songs- "Equestrienne" by Natalie Merchant or "Escape Artist" by Zoe Keating. (I could pick any song from either album as my favorite. Both albums are amazing.)
What I want to remember about 2010- Spending time with extended family- Labor Day, Christmas Eve, visits from grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
What I don't want to remember about 2010- Leaving Texas.
What I want to accomplish by the end of 2011- Start classes to finish my degree.

7 comments:

Castaneda 5 said...

Great idea! I'm stealing it! Glad to see y'all are doing well!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I love this tradition of yours! Thanks for the post :)

Susan said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this one. I too loved Despicable Me and Hunger Games and I'm going to have to try bacon-filled waffles. Thanks for the update - love you guys!

Harmony said...

I'm glad you did this again! I needed the reminded to do it with my kids. :-)

Wish we lived closer--a double-date Thai food and board games night sounds fun!

Jim said...

Welcome back, it's been a while. Loved your lists. Mom

Brooke said...

Love this! Your family is so great

Tara said...

I love this tradition of yours!! I still want to steal this from you...but for 3 yrs now I have not gotten my act together to do it!!
Every picture screams personality and says exactly who each one of you is!!! love it!!!
miss you tons