Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Big But

This time, it's really official.
The Welker family is moving. Not to somewhere exotic. We're moving back home to Arizona. For many of you this is old news. The new news is that the house is officially for sale. As soon as we have a buyer, we'll be on our way.

This whole process has been another life lesson for me. I know God lives and loves me personally. But do I put that belief into practice daily? I've been reciting Proverbs 3:5-6 over and over.

"Trust in the Lord with all thy heart;
And lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct thy path."

I say that I trust my Father, but I continue to fret, worry, and stress over things I have no control over. He has previously answered our prayers, and I know this is the path we should take, but I still mourn and pout about leaving my beautiful home, my friends, and our amazing ward family. I know He has worked miracles in my life before, but I continue to doubt that everything will work out in the end. I am abundantly blessed and am excited about being closer to family, but I constantly murmur and complain about all the work and changes ahead of us.

This morning I read scriptures that brought great comfort to my heart.

"Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land,
and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord;
trust also in him;
and he shall bring it to pass.
Rest in the Lord,
and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way."
(Psalms 37:3-5,7)

Yes, there is a lot I can't control- a buyer for the house, the time-frame of our move, finding the perfect house in Phoenix, etc. But I can control my attitude, my words, my demeanor around my children. I'm so grateful for scriptures and that nagging voice in my head that reminds me to stop, to read, to ponder, and right now, to trust.

9 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

yes, patience; it's tough. it will all work out... eventually. we here in az can't wait to have you closer! and when i said 'yeah for temple babysitters' i totally meant tyler and emily. :)

Brooke said...

you are such an inspiration to me! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing your family more with this move

Castaneda 5 said...

As much as we will miss you, I hope everything works out and you sell your house soon! If you need any help please let us know!

Tammi W. said...

Wow.. you really know how to make a person stop and think :) I should try to be more like you in my own life BUT, I honestly know that your move back to AZ will truly benefit your family.

Susan said...

After this cold, wet, seemingly endless winter... Arizona sounds very VERY exotic!

Cindi said...

Oh Karen how I love your honesty through a struggle that you know is right. We all have felt that way, thanks for including the scriptures really brings it home. Also don't be so hard on yourself there were many great women who murmured But still did the right thing. You are an amazing woman! Hang in there.

Jill said...

Oh, I really liked this post. It was just the reminder that I needed! Thanks! You guys will be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

It is never fun to move and pack..but the chances of us getting together and seeing each others families is much better if you are in Arizona!

Is spring break too soon?!?!
Wendy Pang

jason said...

So well put. You may murmur but I'm always inspired by your words and honest heart. Love you!

Does this mean I can blame you if the house doesn't sell?