Friday, November 6, 2009

Suprise!


Jason and I have been heading for bed earlier and earlier. (We blame work and Seminary. Frankly, I think we're just getting old.) Somehow the word hasn't gotten out not to disturb the Welker's after 9 PM. We grumble a little when the phone rings that late. But I wasn't grumbling when we got a surprise after bedtime a couple of weeks ago. At 9:30, our doorbell rang. It was my brother, Andrew. The previous day, he had decided to go for a drive. A 1000 mile drive. From Tucson, AZ. Surprise!

Andrew spent a fantastic 3 days with us. We introduced him to kolaches, NASA and the down-town tunnels. The best part of his visit was watching my kids interact with their goofy Uncle Andrew. As much as I love Texas, I desperately miss our extended family. Andrew's surprise visit reminded us how blessed we are to have such an amazing family and how far away that family is.

Thanks for the surprise, Andrew. You are welcome anytime!



2 comments:

Tara said...

fun!!! I love surprises! :)

Jim said...

thanks for taking care of him, he had a great time. now, we need a blog about halloween.