Monday, June 22, 2009

The Big Announcement, Part II

Despite our prayer and contemplation, it looks like the Welker family is NOT moving to Singapore, but is staying in the good ol' USA. Apparently, I jumped the gun in making the big announcement. The problem is my husband is too good at the job he does, and too many projects want and need his skills. Although the Singapore project desperately needed him and was willing to pay enormous amounts of money to transfer our family out of the country, the project here -that was supposed to end last spring- won out and we are staying put.

During this entire process, I constantly prayed that the Lord would put us where He needed us and in a place that would be best for my family. While I am a little disappointed about missing out on an adventure, I confident that He has heard our prayers and that we still have more growing to do here in Texas.

6 comments:

Cindi said...

You didn't jump the gun, that just shows all of us that no matter what you are willing to follow the Lord. Just so happens the Lord still needs you in Texas. I know exactly how you feel. Well we are glad that you are staying in the USA. Now we can take a trip to Texas.

Brooke said...

Oh Karen, I know exactly how you feel! That's really saying something about how valued Jason is at his job. We're excited to see you all in a few weeks

Tara said...

yeah...we are glad that you aren't all done growin' in Texas! :)

Jill said...

I'm glad you'll be where you are meant to be! It is nice to know that our Heavenly Father directs our life when we let Him in! You are a great example to me!

Anonymous said...

So when do we meet?

Heather (wife, mom) said...

We were excited for your adventure, but glad that you are only a long car trip away instead of a very long, expensive plane trip.