Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trip to Utah

Jason and I got to run away to Salt Lake City, Utah in early April.  The excuse was to attend Jason's mission reunion.  But we really just wanted to get away for a few days.  We spent time touring church sites downtown, eating good food and reconnecting with friends.  We were able to get tickets to the Saturday morning session of General Conference.  It was worth waiting in the cold and snow to sit with fellow Saints to hear the words from our prophet and leaders.  My favorite talk from that session was Sis. Lifferth's talk on "Respect and Reverence."  But the best part was standing for the intermediate hymn and singing with thousands of Latter-day Saints and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  That's one experience you can't have sitting in your living room and watching Conference by satellite.  

It was so amazing to go to Jason's mission reunion.  Although I didn't know any of them, I loved meeting these men and women who shared that time of life with my husband.  Pres. Barrett is an amazing person and it was wonderful to finally meet him and his wife.  

All in all, a great trip.  I have to say a super thanks to my sister- Suuuuuuuuuuuusan, her awesome hubby- Dave and cutie-patootie daughter- Caroline, for watching my home, dog and kids while we were gone.  It was such fun having them here.  You guys are the bestest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Sister Lifferth's daughter (Lisa) was one of my best friends from high school and college roomies. Thought you would get a kick out one of our most recent facebook "wall to wall" chats.

Marla Staples Palmer: Lisa, meant to tell you..your mom did fantastic during GC

Lisa Brown: Thanks Marla, except now my family will have to take her "reverance advice". Let's just say it's not going too well....The week after her talk, William got kicked out of Primary. Good times
Yesterday at 6:51pm

Heather (wife, mom) said...

lucky! who doesn't love a good excuse to run away (better than ours, 'the beach is calling')?! attending a conference session is on my list of MUSTS in the next few years, as long as we can find someone to watch our small ones. Susan? :)

Jim said...

Thanks for blogging again. It's been a while, and I know I've bugged you about it. Good to read about your trip, and I agree with your conference insights.

Tara said...

glad you guys were able to get away and have some alone time and get in touch old friends!! :)